Prolotherapy: Is It For You?
Dextrose Prolotherapy: Repair Your Joint Non-Surgically!
Dextrose Prolotherapy is a natural and effective treatment to strengthen specific joint and spine areas and eliminate the pain. Prolotherapy stimulates the body to repair the painful area and starts developing new healthy, strong tissue. One’s body – and their own immune system – proliferates the tissue.
Prolotherapy is performed as an in-office injection procedure. And research has shown the treatment to be effective, trustworthy, and reliable. In many cases, it can be used as an alternative to surgical treatments. And Prolotherapy is often superior to other treatments because it gets to the root of the problem. This regenerative therapy relieves chronic joint and spine pain problems by getting to the source of the pain. The result? You can get back to your active lifestyle.
What Can I Expect From Dextrose Prolotherapy at OrthoRegen?
- In our clinic, we offer Comprehensive Prolotherapy. By using this Prolotherapy technique, it means that all of the affected soft tissue areas of the joint are treated for the best possible repair and outcome. (Platelet Rich Plasma and/or Stem Cell Therapy may be recommended in more serious joint degeneration cases. And at OrthoRegen, we use the Gold Standard in Stem Cell Therapy. Find out more about why the Gold Standard in Stem Cell Therapy is different by clicking here.)
- Regenerative Prolotherapy injection treatments treat joint and spine pain by repairing damaged and weakened ligaments and tendons.
- Dextrose Prolotherapy is a viable alternative to surgery, cortisone, and other steroidal injections.
- Prolotherapy is a safe, affordable option that allows you to keep working and remain active.
- The Comprehensive Prolotherapy difference: It is typically best to treat all or most of the ligaments of an injured and unstable joint, especially when the surrounding structures are painful.
What makes an ideal Prolotherapy candidate?
- The presence of ligament or tendon pain
- A desire to get better and follow the necessary treatment plan
- Maintaining a positive mental outlook and minimizing stress.
- Following a healthy diet is recommended.
- Doing your best to optimize your immune system.
To Learn More, Contact Us Today! It’s Free
What Does the Research Say About Prolotherapy?
- A May 2020 study in the Annals of Family Medicine made the following statement about their research findings:“Intra-articular dextrose prolotherapy injections reduced pain, improved function and quality of life in patients with knee osteoarthritis compared with blinded saline injections. The procedure is straightforward and safe; the adherence and satisfaction were high.”1
- Another May study published in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine said, “These findings suggest that dextrose prolotherapy is effective at reducing pain and improving the functional status and quality of life in patients with knee osteoarthritis.“2
- In January 2019, a research article about Dextrose Prolotherapy for Symptomatic Knee Osteoarthritis in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine concluded, “These data suggest that prolotherapy in this primary care clinic is feasible and acceptable.” 3
Choose A Natural, Non-Surgical Method: Prolotherapy
Prolotherapy treatments are a natural non-surgical method that assists the body in healing injured or weakened joints, ligaments, and tendons. With Dextrose Prolotherapy, the weakened areas of the joint become stronger. As the tendons and ligaments grow stronger and vibrant, the pain is alleviated, and motion is restored.
Don’t wait any longer. Call 310-453-1234 today for a free phone consultation with Dr. Peter Fields to see if Prolotherapy treatment can get you pain-free and ‘back in the game’ or help you resume your normal lifestyle. You can also contact Dr. Fields’ office to set up an in-person consultation.
1 Shan Sit RW, Keung Wu RW, Rabago D, et al. Efficacy of Intra-Articular Hypertonic Dextrose (Prolotherapy) for Knee Osteoarthritis: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Ann Fam Med. 2020;18(3):235‐242. doi:10.1370/afm.2520 [Google Scholar]
2Sert AT, Sen EI, Esmaeilzadeh S, Ozcan E. The Effects of Dextrose Prolotherapy in Symptomatic Knee Osteoarthritis: A Randomized Controlled Study. J Altern Complement Med. 2020;26(5):409‐417. doi:10.1089/acm.2019.0335 [Google Scholar]
Rabago D, Kansariwala I, Marshall D, Nourani B, Stiffler-Joachim M, Heiderscheit B. Dextrose Prolotherapy for Symptomatic Knee Osteoarthritis: Feasibility, Acceptability, and Patient-Oriented Outcomes in a Pilot-Level Quality Improvement Project. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2019 Jan 28. [Google Scholar]